Sunday, 21 September 2014

Sunday Scrapping on a Woodware Theme... Ribbons, Lace and Pearls

Sunday Scrapping on a Woodware Theme... Ribbons, Lace and Pearls
This gorgeous Vivi Gade paper is one of my favourite designs. I love it because in that one piece of paper, you have borders, backgrounds, lace, dots and roses. You really don't need much else to make it beautiful... but ribbons, lace and pearls match perfectly. I think it is great for baby photographs as it is delicate and clean. I covered some Chippies to create the title. The Mark Richards pearls and the self adhesive lace and ric rac finish the layout. So the journaling reads at the top: "These were almost lost photos. I know exactly when and where they were taken. They were lead up photos to two gorgeous ones." The journaling at the bottom reads "Printed on copier paper. Found during a clear out. Saved. Almost thrown away. Saved. Imperfect photos. Saved." And this is why I like scrapping... if I didn't save every last little piece of anything and everything, all these little things would be lost. I saw an interview with a famous author who said, when his son was a tiny baby, he had picked up a pen and scribbled into a very expensive book that he possessed. He was furious at the time, but now, that book is priceless to him as it has his now adult son's first writing in it. The book is not important to him now... but that scribble is. I have bits of paper like that... bits pulled out of diaries for them to draw pictures on when they were bored. And I have saved so many of them. And they are all in boxes and files waiting for their turn to be scrapped. And that is why I scrap. Up close for the detail...

Happy scrapping, jenx

2 comments: