Thursday, 3 January 2013

New Year Crafting Inspiration - Leftover Christmas Cards

So... it is officially over. The decorations did well to make it to January 3rd. DH has already gone to work and I have taken down most of the decorations while DS1 and DS2 are still snoring in bed. I have sorted my Christmas cards into their usual piles and thought I would share what I do with them.
Five piles.... layout inspiration, titles to copy, embellishments to pull off, features to cut out and pile to make boxes.

Like the position of the elements... will become scrapbook layout sketches. (And yes that is a charity bag on the floor in the background lol)

Like the titles... love the brussel sprout one! I can see a big layout there with photos of us where the sprouts are in our silly xmas hats.

Bits to pull off... bottom left has the most gorgeous laser cut greeting on it which has to be carefully pulled away and used.

Beautiful matte features which I will cut out to make my own embellishments.

The leftover pile to make into boxes for next year.

This will be a box and a tag - use the little feature on the back.

Again, box and tag - use the little feature on the front.

Cards to be kept for memory box - three made by mam and one made by DS2.
I make the boxes by cutting off the card front for the box lid. Then cut another piece of card the same sixe to make the base. I use the Groovy Duo Box and Card Maker to create the lid and base. Simples. Happy Thursday, jenx
Wearcrafts
My Online Shop!
Crafty 
Blogs

5 comments:

  1. Oh I wondered the same yesterday, I've got a door full of cards and in years gone by I've turned them into next year's cards, but not for the last couple of years. This year will be different! Thanks for the inspiration Jen, we still have to take the decorations down I miss the sparkly lights!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super idea Jen, thanks for sharing! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a timely post for me since i just decided to make my holiday cards for next year out of all the cards i have received in the past four or so years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When the kids were young we cut up old Christmas cards to make gift tags. It was a lot of fun. Will leave decs up til Sunday to enjoy them as we've been gone a whole week !

    Happy New Year dear new blogger friend x

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for sharing this Jen took me ages to work out which post, for some reason the link would not work.. sigh..

    ..no idea why was led to your blog by it but not the post, just sad it did not exist when clearly it does.. and you have been very busy this wont..

    ..yes kind of do the same thing but bit more brutal dont use scrap books any more for ideas as net seems to help there,

    God bless thanks for popping over, Shaz in oz.x

    ReplyDelete