Friday, 2 November 2012

Rocking Your World Friday

ROCKING MY WORLD FRIDAY - BUTTON!
 
Can it really be that time again? Where are the weeks going? And November??!!
 
First rock this week is all the lovely comments from all the bloggers out there. How can I get so much support from people I don't even know? I actually get more support from you bloggers than I do from some of my closest friends. I think that you 'get' the dream, where as everyone else thinks that I am barking mad. Apart from one colleague who thinks I am the bravest person she has ever met. I really am not - quite a coward really. So, I think you all deserve to know what it is I have done to change my life so much. I think lots of you have guessed by reading between the lines. Basically, I have been a teacher for nearly 20 years. If you ask me what I am, what defines me, I would always answer - mother, wife, daughter, teacher. I love being a teacher. I really enjoy working with children and always have. I think I am pretty good at it too. So, I don't know if I am having a mid-life crisis or what, but I decided in the summer to try something that I have always wanted to do, but never had the courage to do before. I have started my own business - easily the most challenging thing I have ever had to do ever in my whole life. That's what the Wear Crafts button is all about on my posts. I love scrapping and cropping, so I thought why not try to make that my job. For the moment, I am a small businesswoman who teaches on a supply basis while waiting for the business to really take off. The first step has been online and crops/workshops, the next step is a studio. Then after that, who knows! I have been emotionally drained as it is a pretty big decision to leave your career when you are pretty successful in that area any way, and move to something very different. But if you don't try, you will never know. It was so hard walking away from my school as I have been connected with that place for nearly 14 years as a supply teacher, part time teacher, full time teacher and in a leadership role too. It was a dreadful wrench from somewhere I have been passionate about and totally committed to for so long. I thoroughly believed in the ethos of the place and it was hard to go. But, onwards and upwards, eh?
 
Second rock this week is all the support I have had from DH and parents - and even DS1 who at 14 doesn't like anyone or anything any more! He is convinced we are going to be millionaires - yep he really enjoys Only Fools and Horses. I don't want to be a millionaire, I just want to make it successful! (Well, being a millionaire would be nice as well!).
 
Third rock this week is breathing space and time. Time just to watch television. Time just to cuddle DS2. Time to talk and just sit quietly. And it is pouring with rain but we are still going out for a walk. Walking in the countryside cures all, I am convinced of it.
 
Fourth rock this week might sound weird, but it is having someone tell me in detail why DS2 is so lovely and caring and bright, but still cannot read and write and 'rithmatic easily. Having been on the other side of the desk having conversations about this kind of thing with parents for years and years, it was truly relieving to be on the parents side of the desk and someone tell me that he is as bright as a button, but he is struggling to cope with dyslexia (found that out just before the hols) and also Developmental Coordination Disorder. It made so many things clear and explained so much and made me feel a bit guilty for having lost patience once or twice. His coping strategies are unbelievalbe and I am not surprised now that he is constantly exhausted. My little Sammy is such a lovely light and a major up side of my decision to leave teaching is that I will be able to give him all the support that he needs - just like the support I have been giving other people's children for many years.
 
Fifth rock this week, is the Craft 'n' Chat Crop appearing in the magazines. Photos now...
 

 
So the sixth rock has to be the croppers themselves who are more like friends than anything else. What a lovely bunch of very supportive and positive people they are. You should have a look at Denise's blog. She is a truly lovely person and creates lovely things.
 
Seventh rock this week - Madagascar 3! Totally bonkers but if you haven't seen it, throw reality out of the window and just go for a laugh! Even DS2 (14, miserable all the time, doesn't like anyone or anything any more) laughed and smiled - and his face didn't crack!
 
Eighth rock this week, found this lovely blog through misteejay (thanks for shouting this one out) http://shabbyartboutique.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/planning-for-christmas.html I am totally printing this out and doing this. Lovely - and free!
 
Ninth rock, the lovely baby photos on Carmen's blog. Just gorgeous and squidgy.
 
Tenth rock, BadPenny. Wish you lived near me because I think we would get on really well!
 
There is Facebook Candy available HERE if you are interested and I am on UK Scrappers as a sponsor, even though I have not got a clue how on earth it works or what to do with it, if you want to be my friend or send me a message. How have I been scrapping for nearly ten years and never really got the hang of Uk Scrappers!!!
 
Well I am all rocked out. I hope you managed to stick with it until the end and that it explains some of the blog posts. And Virginia, you are right, I can do this! And by golly, I will! Have a fabulous weekend and take care of all those who love you. jenx
 


Wearcrafts
Please feel free to follow the link and let me know what you think!

5 comments:

  1. I am your tenth rock and very delighted to be ! That bought a little emotional gulp just then. We would get on in real life ! I'm not bad at all you know but turn up on your blogs like a Bad Penny !

    Bloggers simply "get" each other and that's why the comments are so meaningful. Also on our Blogs we can openly talk about ourselves without feeling we are hogging the conversation with other friends
    ( who want to talk about themselves ! )

    I totally understand your decision to stop teaching full time & you are very brave to start up a business. I wish you good luck.

    Helping a dyslexic child is draining & I should know as I have two ! Support them & never let them feel stupid as they are far from it. My two always had wonderful comments made at Parents eves & I am so proud of them even if they can't get A grades - they tried their hardest.
    A lovely comment about their personality goes a long way so you are right to be proud.

    xx

    I've been thinking of arranging a Bloggy weekend get together in a big city. Will put some thought into it for next year !

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you like Kerryanne's Simply Christmas - I've followed her for some time now and I love her shabby creations.

    Good for you trying something new...it's a big step but I'm sure you'll appreciate it even more.

    Have a great week
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah bless you sweetie, that is a monumental decision but made with a firm goal in sight - which means you should go a long way! The blogging world is one of those truly magical places where you get to meet all those people that you wouldn't get to meet in real life - they 'get' who we are and what we are about.

    Said 12 year old was diagnosed with Dyslexia early this year, it was both a sigh of relief and an 'OMG' moment at the same time. I too went through the guilt factor of had I pushed him too much when he was younger, but children are amazing and children with dyslexia even more so - they are just so resilient and have amazing coping strategies. I'm sure now you've got time on your side you'll be able to support and help all the more!

    I hope you have a truly beautiful and blessed week ahead.

    Much love

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, well done to you for making that decision - to walk away from something you're good at and towards your dream, you deserve every success and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

    Lots of wonderful positives to remember from your week, including Madagascar 3. Did you hear about the cinema in Nottingham (I think?) that was meant to be showing Madagascar 3 but instead showed the first (very shocking) 5 minutes of the latest Paranormal Activity film. OMG, can you imagine sitting there with a 5 year old and that comes on!!!! You could never be compensated for the potential damage that does to a little ones head.

    Anyway, have a great weekend!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations for all of your recognised rocks this week. It was a pleasure to read all of above. I wish you every continued success, I am hoping to come on Friday to your crop. Caz

    ReplyDelete