Tuesday, 30 October 2012

Rocking Your World Friday


Yes, I know it is Tuesday and I am so late it is ridiculous but last week was a bit of a roller coaster to say the least. I was an emotional wreck and needed a bit of space and time to take everything in. But I am going to turn that into a positive - because it really, really is. So, here goes... my rocks for last week...
  • the nicest comment any teacher could hope to have from a parent - 'what are we going to do without you?'
  • the nicest comment any teacher could hope to have from a child (not the child of the above)... 'please don't go, I actually really like you and I don't want you to go'
  • the nicest comments any teacher could hope to have from colleagues which it is just not appropriate to repeat here, but they were just great
  • the most beautiful and thoughtful leaving present I think anyone has ever received in the history of leaving presents
  • bunch of flowers off DH on my last day
  • more chocolate, flowers and wine than a girl should really have (and oh dear, the Thorntons have gone already and there were three boxes but I am going to blame DH) 
  • a colleague from another school saying that I am the bravest person she knows (I am not really - quite the opposite - quaking in my boots as we speak actually!)
  • spending time with DS1 and DS2 on Thursday and Friday
Now I am going to stop there because I think I am going to spill over into this week and I want to keep those rocks for Friday when I will link up properly I promise. I have been a bad commenter and blogger recently and I promise I will be better now! Also, will someone please explain to me how the UK Scrappers Cyber Crop works as I am totally new to UK Scrappers and am too scared to ask!!!And I wanted to let you know we have a giveaway on Facebook too - the link is HERE.

Crafty 
Blogs
Wearcrafts
Please feel free to follow the link and let me know what you think!

3 comments:

  1. Do not be afraid to ask on UKS, if you have registered for a team in the special crop post, you then go to that team and you ask all the questions you want.
    The FAQ is pretty good too in the same.
    You can also find the leader of the team and do a PM without publishing a post.
    Good luck with your next step in your life sounds like a real life changing time ahead of you.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a very emotional week for you, but wonderful with all those positive comments. You might be quaking in your boots but it was still a really brave step to take.

    Have a great week,

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sweetie - last week sounds very emotional but in a positive way. Where is life taking you now?

    As for the UKSCrappers cybercrop I agree with everything Debby4000 says - however if you want a brief concept of it:

    UKScrappers occasionally host a Cybercrop - which means it's all done online. You usually click to be assigned to a team and can get to know more people on UKS by going onto the forums to do with them and chatting away in a forum kind of way.

    In this particular cyber crop there were lots of pre-crop challenges which are usually classes that you take - in order to take them you download the PDF print it out and follow the instructions. The Cybercrop officially started last Friday and they've been releasing layouts and challenges all week, usually it's at quite a fast pace and you've only got a small window of opportunity to upload your photos, but this time they've given us days to complete rather than hours, which means the quality is improved. You can do as many or as little of the classes as you fancy. You can upload to the galleries specific to the class and apparently there are some prizes to be had, but mainly it's about scrapping and sharing your work.

    All the previous cybercrops are available on the UKScrappers website so you can look at the type of classes that came up. Up to now we've had everything from mini books and layouts to colour combination challenges and book mark challenges.

    it's a great way to stretch your creativity - to create pages and to get to know more people on UKScrappers!

    Fabulous stuff!

    Hope this helps

    ReplyDelete