Tuesday, 30 October 2012

Mini Circle Book Tutorial

I have had lots of enquiries about the circle mini book which I made at the Gateshead Creative Crafts Workshop. In this one, I used Kanban Britannia Card (Keep Britain Crafting range) whic is very strong and makes the mini book stand up beautifully when on display. I used a peg to hold it together, because I was in a shabby chic mood, but it works just as well with a ribbon tie. I like to cut our the quarter which some people fold down as I think it can make the mini book even more bulky than it needs to be. So, here goes...
I used a large teaplate to create the template.

My mam informs me that these are valley folds and mountain folds.

A quarter doily slots inbetween each piece nicely and hides and wobbly cuts or slight mismatches when the pieces are cut out.

I cut the quarter I cut out again to make contrasting segments for decorating the base.

I used a folded butterfly to create the hinge which held the segments together (I have popped the Gateshead photo at the end of the post because it is clearer in that one.)

This one shows where I put the segments in the base.

The band I made to hold it closed.

Butterflies on the peg to make it pretty!

Folded out.

Folded up.
I have left this picture bigger so you can see the butterfly hinge.
I used a range of Kanban card available HERE and HERE. If you make a beautiful one, email me the photos and I will put it onto our Facebook page. I have also popped this on Make It Monday.  Don't forget our Facebook Candy HERE. I have some inspirational quoates and pictures HERE if you want to be uplifted today! Happy Tuesday. jenx

Crafty 
Blogs
Wearcrafts
Please feel free to follow the link and let me know what you think!
Pink Paper Paradise

4 comments:

  1. Very unusual style /shape of mini book .Great tutoril and love the end result .Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card and tutorial Jen...Loz
    Visiting from MIM..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tutorial and Fab project. Thanks. Saw you on MIM.
    Hugs, Heide

    ReplyDelete