Friday, 21 September 2012

Rocking Your World Friday

ROCKING MY WORLD FRIDAY - BUTTON!
 


It is that time again. Celebrate the positives and eliminate the negatives and concentrate on all that is good around you.

Things I love...
Family (goes without saying): lots of get a grip of yourself conversations and do something about it advice this week which I didn't really want to hear but which needed to be said.
Keeping the faith (not in a religious sense): holding onto the dream even when it seems like it will never be a reality. The more positive I am the more positive folk are around me. A wise old head teacher said to me a long time ago 'you get back what you give out'. Sticking to that thought.
Happy, healthy children: not taking for granted the fact that my children are fine and here and with me and well. Taking lots of time to study them really hard like I did when they were first born. Even at 14, when he is asleep, he still looks like my baby.
DS1 working hard: OK he could probably still work harder, but at least he is working hard to keep up and do well. And is he becoming a bit competitive with his work? Think he might be... he is beginning to compare himself with 'the clever people' as he calls them.
DS2 creating amazing things: he is so tuned in to people, his little role plays are gorgeous, his cartoons are fantastic and he is beginning to make plasticine models to animate. I love that creativity and I need to keep harnassing that to motivate him with all the things he has to do like reading, writing and 'rithmatic.
Reading: rereading 'Possession' by ASByatt. If you have never read this amazing book, you must. I still skip the bits of poetry but the story is just so good.
Theatre: I love plays, acting and Shakespeare. I love musicals, I love dramas, comedies, comedy nights and tragedies. I am as happy at Joseph and his Technicolour Dreamcoat as I am at Kafka. I love the Theatre and should go more often. Looking forward to going to see Oliver at the Theatre Royal at Newcastle next week with DS2.
Autumn: the colours, the cold and the start of the biting frost.
So, I listened to the 'get a grip, woman' conversations and know that I really do have lots to be thankful for, the dream will be a reality bcause I will make it happen and the lovely people I have around me will help in every way they can. Jenx

Crafty 
Blogs
Wearcrafts
Please feel free to follow the link and let me know what you think!
 

5 comments:

  1. Oh hun, those 'get a grip' conversations aren't always fun but do sometimes help get us focused. I've had one of those frustrating days today so gave myself that talking to - albeit out loud and at hubby - but he knows what I'm like for which I am always grateful. Children - and appreciating their differences and the way they tick and helping their creativity - always a blessing and with how quickly time flies by these days it's essential to appreciate what we have.

    I hope you have a beautiful and blessed week ahead

    Hugs as always

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had more than my share of those unwelcome conversations, however needed they are. Just lately I have been studying my children like that as well. As I become aware that they are getting bigger so fast and I don't want to miss it.

    My children are both completely different as well, but both have such strong aspects of me it helps me as we navigate our waters.

    I have the book 'Possession' on my book shelves ready to be read. I will dig it out and move it closer to the 'to-be-read' pile.

    I love your list, and how you left it. Very motivating and inspiring. I hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful, thoughtful list of positives. I hate those 'get a grip' conversations, but like you and Virginia have both said, sometimes they are needed to get ourselves back on track!
    Your children sound like they are doing really well in everything and it's lovely to support their creativity. They do grow up so fast and it always amazes me how quickly the time goes, some days it seems like yesterday my kids were babes and now my son is taller than me!
    Hope you have a great week x

    ReplyDelete
  4. We don't always like the things we are told but they are usually said for our benefit.

    A very thoughtful list.

    Have a great week.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmmm. Yes, I've had my fair share of and dished out a fair few of those conversations. Not the most pleasant but sometimes a dose of tough love is what we need. And it is done out of love.

    I too have been watching my girls lately - I think it's because the bubba is so close to arriving, I look at my girls and think, it wasn't so long ago I was cradling you in my arms and now... well, now one of them is nearly taller than me, a young woman. How can that have happened so quickly - in the blink of an eye it feels like.

    Have a lovely week Jen :)

    ReplyDelete