Friday, 14 September 2012

Rocking Your World Friday

The sun is shining, the birds are singing and it is a beautiful day here in County Durham. I am going to be very, very sad this morning and yet it is such a beautiful day. As I said to Penny last week, 'how can the sun still shine?'. Your words rang true and gave me comfort, Penny, so thankyou - that rocked. So what else rocks today and this week? My two gorgeous boys and my DH, my family and my friends. And you know sometimes when you want a sign, you get one... well I was walking home from dropping DS2 off at school, feeling pretty sad and wondering 'what is it all about', feeling a bit despondent to be honest, and then I looked up and saw a rainbow. It isn't raining, the sun is shining but there was a beautiful rainbow. And that may sound twee and naff but it made me smile and gave me comfort. So I kind of think I might not understand why but... well I don't know what really, I suppose we just have to trust in some grand scheme don't we? Will be back with crafting later. jenx
http://celtichouse.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/rocking-your-world-friday.html

I wrote the above this morning before the saddest thing I think I have ever experienced as a teacher. Natasha, thanks for your words. I still just don't understand 'why?' and I am trying really hard to think 'I just have to trust.' I feel a real physical pain at the minute and I cannot begin to imagine what those closest are going through. jenx

8 comments:

  1. Oh, not twee and naff, because I have asked that exact same question, when I have wondered how it is that I am still breathing and the sky is still blue when I feel like the bottom has fallen out of my world and I will never be whole again. And my sign was a rainbow. I still think back to that moment whenever I see a rainbow.

    I asked for a sign, there were no rainbows, I went into a shop, came out and there it was.

    May it bring you comfort. My heart goes out to you. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sweetie, I've no idea what has happened in your life but can read between the lines and know that today has been so difficult for you. May you find silver threads running through your life just to remind you that even in the darkest of times there are elements that we can cherish and hold on to.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes there are no answers, but the rainbow sent a message of hope and beauty. You are clearly going through a really distressing time, I hope you can take comfort in the love of those around you.

    Sending strength to help you through these dark days,

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with everything the girls have said. Not twee. Not naff. One of lifes beautiful miracles. Whatever it is you are going through, take comfort where you see it and from your loved ones.

    Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankyou for your comments. Can't make any sense of recent events. Jenx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not naff, not twee. I don't know what has happened but sending love your way. We are always given a sign when we ask for one, but most dont recognise it. I am glad that you did, and saw your beautiful rainbow, to comfort you in your sadness. Hugs, x

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful that you were sent a beautiful rainbow to help you through this difficult time.

    Hugs
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A rainbow for you must have been comforting at such a sad time x

    ReplyDelete