Saturday, 11 August 2012

Saturday Scrapping

Well we have had a great week away on the North Yorkshire Coastline. I really missed blogging and commenting and need to work out how to schedule posts and blog from my Blueberry! Warning - this post is picture heavy!

We went to Flamborough... where we saw this amazing cloud feature which looked like a rainbow but wasn't...


And looked like this close up...


We scooted.

We iphoned.



We visited the sea life centre.
We held a crab... well, I didn't!


We pretended to be the Doctor.

Even though we are too cool for school.


We rode an open topped bus...


...and a tiny train.



We tried archery.


We were really good at it.

We walked on water.
 We couldn't breathe!

We spent ages on the beach under scorching blue skies at Scarborough (below) and at Filey.


And so it wasn't Disneyland (sniff) but it was really really good. Anne Bronte (when did I stop reading properly? How did that happen?) put it perfectly.... "when my foot was on the sands and my face towards the broad, bright bay, no language can describe the effect of the deep, clear azure of the sky and ocean... there was just enough heat to enhance the value of the breeze, and just enough wind to keep the whole sea in motion, to make the waves come bounding to the shore, foaming and sparkling."


So, there is obviously some serious scrapping to be done! Until then, I will leave you with a nice simple page of my gorgeous boys at Clumber Park.

Crafty 
Blogs

Wearcrafts


9 comments:

  1. Can I come with you next holidays....everything looks like s much fun. Terrific photos and how lucky a photo next to the at Phone Box. Such a great post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed them. We live in a great part of the country. Jenx

      Delete
  2. Looks wonderful. My husbands great Grandma came from Flamborough Head. She married a man from Filey. We go there from Canada every couple of years for a vacation. We love North Yorkshire. I think the Filey beach is superb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a small world! We walked the length of the beach and back one day. Sam thought his legs would drop off! Jenx

      Delete
  3. Hi Jen, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like a wonderful break and what great pictures. I would love to try the walking on water - what fun.
    The rainbow cloud is fab and we saw one just like it on holiday except horizontal not vertical. I must post a picture on my blog so you can see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone told me it is a bit like northern lights but during the day and connected to sun storms... but I am really not sure about that! jenx

      Delete
  5. Oh fab post, you look like you had a fabulous time !

    ReplyDelete