Thursday, 12 July 2012

This Is My Selphy

This is my Selphy.

It is not the newest model, nor is it the top of the range model but it works for me. It is about 8 inches by 6 inches and about 4 inches high. The photo paper tray pops in and out. I don't know how it works but it is something to do with dyes rather than inks and heat - I think!

I pop my SD card in the front slot, select the picture by viewing on the little screen, select the size of the photo and the number of times I want to print, then press the long button at the front. The quality of the photos is amazing! The paper slides backwards and forwards through the machine four times. It lays down yellow, cyan and magenta to produce the photo then seals it with the fourth run through.

I have ordinary photo papers for it and I have postcard photo papers. We take it with us on holiday and print the photos out as soon as we have taken them. I can scrap them in a mini book straight away and send family postcards of us while we are on hollies! I select and print my best photos straight away and print them out so they are ready to scrap when I get home. I think the photos are as good as any you get from a 'real' developer. It is so immediate. I love my Selphy and I really am not on commission!

Mine is a 520 (I think), very basic and I got it from ebay second hand. It is in excellent condition. I only paid about £12 for it. The cartridges are expensive (about £30 for about 100 prints) but it is not about economy for me: it is about ease and portability and the immediate nature of it.

So, there you have it... Selphy: The Scrapper's Friend!

And a disney layout to finish....

the Cars ride. Great fun!!!

Hope you had a thoughtful thursday... jenx
Crafty 
Blogs

Wearcrafts

6 comments:

  1. I sure agree that it is all about ease and time.

    I have a little photo printer too. I take it to crops with me...That way if i decide to do a 5x7 on a layout, I can just print one out.
    Mine is not cheap either but it is handy:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love the way I can print and scrap and hoave really good quality photos!

      Delete
  2. Oh I may have to look into this I'm a Bonusprint girl and end up having batches done then have catch up time with photos but a decent photo printer is very very tempting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a look on ebay. There are some real bargains. Make sure it has the electrical adapter with it. I use mine completely independently of my computer so you don't need the disc and you don't need the battery pack unless you want to print in a tent or on a beach (lol). I don't know what I did before I had mine. The cost per print is steep but like I said, it is not about the cost for me, it is about making sure I fit things into my busy life and not getting stuck with a back log of photos! jenx

      Delete
  3. Sounds like it really works for you and that is all that matters. I wasn't sure what you were talking about and now I know. Thanks for sharing. I am off to see what else you have been up to. LOL

    Eliza #11

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my selphy is a bit like having a polaroid instant camera... instant images on the go! jenx

      Delete