Friday, 27 July 2012

Rocking Your World Friday

ROCKING MY WORLD FRIDAY - BUTTON!
Much more upbeat rocking post this week!

Saturday - time with the little family, walking, which we love.
Sunday - watching Wiggo, Cav and Froome do their stuff.
Monday - unwinding properly for the first time in ages.
Tuesday - lovely meal out with bigger family.
Wednesday - sorting out the school uniforms during the first week instead of leaving it till the last week as we usually do.
Thursday - exciting phone call about up and coming features in national magazine (squeals and does a happy dance).
Friday - the sun is shining!!!

Now, I have a very busy weekend ahead and it has been a very busy week in general. It has not felt like the school holidays at all and I know I have not spent as much time as I should have done with the kiddies - especially the littlest one who you can see in my profile photo. Will make sure I sort that out this weekend.

I am starting to feel like me again (although I am still not sleeping brilliantly, but that will come). I have a good DH (but don't tell him I told you that!). I have a strapping DS1 who is a good lad really (certainly don't tell him that or he will think that I have to give him a new PS3 game as a 'reward'). I have a loving DS2 who needs some mothering this weekend (however busy it may be).

So, today, to finish the week in a rocking way, I promise:
  • to have a proper conversation with DS1 for at least 30 minutes!
  • to spend time with DS2 making, colouring, reading and playing a board game (he loves draughts and I defy anyone to beat him!)
  • to just sit and breathe in some fresh air this evening with DH - the sun is shining.
Hope your world rocks too. It doesn't matter how grey the skies seem to be, it is probably raining really heavily somewhere else, and you know the sun is always there behind those clouds, you just have to look hard enough to find it. jenx

Crafty 
Blogs

Wearcrafts

7 comments:

  1. Have a lovely weekend Jen, thanks for your super comments on my blog X We've got family coming to stay, so I have a few days off next week and today, my usual day off and crafting time, will be spent getting the housework done! Take care, Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Jen perfect Rocking post, I'm glad you've had a good week and on reflection have identified things that you want to make sure Rock your next week! Spending time with said 11 year in the holidays is the top of my priority list. It didn't happen last school holiday despite me promising that work would be calm. Always a bug bear if I'm honest, but I can only change now and the future not the past! Thank you for the gorgeous comment on my blog, I too feel that the blogs I love the most are the ones where I get to see glimpses of the individuals as well as the crafting they do!

    I hope you have a beautiful and blessed week ahead.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww what a fab post - Love promises you are making for spending time with your family xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post Jen...I too love to get to know a bit about folks and have been very lucky to make some wonderful friends via Blogland.

    Have a super weekend and a great week.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great week, and you're right, your close family and their happiness really is the most important thing. Spending precious time with them is a gift and not one to be taken for granted.

    I hope you are able to keep to your promises!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's hard isn't it? This first week has been spent with me suffering from the heat and OH still working his socks off so it wasn't till the weekend that we were able to just get the girls out for a picnic at least. Have promised them we are going to head off to a bigger park in our area this week that has a paddling pool, mini steam train etc to try and get at least that for them to look forward to and I spotted plasticene in Tescos this week which I haven't seen in years so have squirrelled away a few packets of that to surprise them with this week. Craig said what even Devvie? (Who is 15) I said you are NEVER to old for plasticene! ;)

    Lovely post - isn't this Rocking Friday a great way to reflect on what really is important :)

    Have a lovely week x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely uplifting post - enjoy your summer holiday xxx

    ReplyDelete