Friday, 20 July 2012

Rocking Your World Friday

WE BROKE UP AND I MADE IT THROUGH THE YEAR!!!

Next rock - all the lovely amazing supportive comments from all the lovely bloggers out there. You are all ace.

Next rock - all the lovely thankyous off the parents and children I work with. And it doesn't have to be a thing - just the word and a smile is more than enough, just to know you are appreciated.

Now, I am a great believer that if you are just nice to people, people will be nice to you. And if you try to live a good life and do the right thing, the right thing will happen to you. It doesn't always seem to work like that unfortunately. But this week, it has. I have just been nice to people (like I always am - it infuriates DH because he thinks I am 'soft' and a pushover!) and they have done nice things for me.

It doesn't always work. This has been quite a challenging year where it really hasn't worked much at all. However, since I have made the changes I have made, things have started to be more positive in return. I have just made a huge, huge change that has been really hard to make but which I have had to make to get that whole work/life/balance/sanity thing back under control. It is slow but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. There is no triumphant, earth shattering rock at the moment, but I know that if I just carry on being nice and fair and pleasant, I will get back that positivity that I give out, because I am now on the right track for me. I have maintained my dignity and realised I am ready to move on - and that awareness is a rock for me.

Another positive, DS2 has been identified as dyslexic and I now know exactly what his areas of need are and what I need to do to help him make progress and deal with his issues. Another positive, as a result of the assessments, we have found out that he has exceptional skill in art, design and technology. For him to hear he has these exceptional strengths was brilliant. And just to know that his iq is fine and normal and great and it is purely his visual perceptual skills, visual memory and visual sequential memory that cause him a problem was a bonus. And now we know what to do to help him develop these skills further.

And DS1 seems to be a lot more mature  these days - still very Kevin and Perry lol - but much more mature relating to school and work and future. Little boy growing up I think.

More rocks... shared a home for 20 years last Saturday, married for 18 years last Monday. Still no Disneyland booking and I will never get a Pandora bracelet but I am resigned to that now I think!

So, life is not a bed of roses as they say. There are still a lot of thorns and there is still quite a bit of manure fertilizing the base of the bush. But, the thorns keep the real nasties away and the manure helps us grow strong and healthy, so maybe it is ok. Just a quiet rocking post this week. Feeling very reflective generally and ready to move on to different things. I am glad you are all with me on my journey. jenx

ROCKING MY WORLD FRIDAY - BUTTON!  Wearcrafts

Crafty 
Blogs



26 comments:

  1. aah now I know what your " rocks " are ! I started to join in with Virginia's rocking your Friday post but have got out of the habit recently. It's a lovely positive way to round up and reflect on the week and " meet " other Bloggers.
    If you ever want to email & rant or ask or cry about Dyslexia I have been there done that & got the hat with my two.
    Pennysteel@talktalk.net

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. You are lovely - and I love your blog. Jenx

      Delete
  2. our weeks contain so many joys and struggles, kind of like a roller coaster at times! i hope you have a wonderful weekend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Def rollercoaster - never been on oblivion but I reckon that is what it is like. Jenx

      Delete
  3. Hi Jen - hope you enjoy your break I am sure you will feel stronger for it. Also so agree with you about being nice - sometimes it can work wonders, *See you a you and I now have the same no of followers Snap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I need - to build up the strength again. Jenx

      Delete
  4. My dear old Dad (no longer with us) used to say to me that the worst possible thing you can do to someone who is grumpy, or doesn't like you or is just plain horrible - is to be nice to them/always cheerful with them - he is right, even the worst offenders change over time. Good news about your DS2, in that he has brilliance in some area, how lovely that must be for you and for him. Keep up the good work and keep on smiling - you are not a pushover, just a thoroughly nice person! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Cheery is def best. Positive is the only way to be. Jenx

      Delete
  5. Ah bless you hun, your post was very reflective, I too am a big believer in that what goes around comes around, so a positive attitude and personality should hopefully come full circle back to you!

    Glad you've received some gifts and thanks of appreciation which is always lovely!

    I'm also glad that your changes are starting to have an effect of a positive nature on your life.

    I watched the video link you left me - absolutely fabulous - don't they make you proud!

    We've had an emotional roller coaster of a day as said 11 year old bids good-bye to his primary school. He was trying to be so brave I told him just to have a good cry and feel the emotions rather than holding them back! Thankfully he's now just relaxing in front of the TV and having only had 5 hours sleep last night I can see an early night coming up!

    i hope you have a beautiful and blessed weekend and week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad he let it all out. I have seen some of the biggest lads ever cry buckets on our stage at their leaders assembly. I think they need to because y6 is such a tense time these days and if they didn't let it out they would explode. He just needs to have a fab summer. Jenx

      Delete
  6. I meant...got the Tee shirt not the hat !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I think hat sounds better - let's start a new one. Jenx

      Delete
  7. I agree that what goes around comes around. So either folk will be nice to you back or they'll just leave you alone because their nastiness won't be having a visible affect.

    Have a super weekend.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And it is so much nicer to be nice. Jenx

      Delete
  8. I love the saying what goes around comes around and I am convinced it really is true but not always as we expect it to be. Good luck with the life changes you are making and lovely to hear its helping you feel positive for the future Huge hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you know what, I think all I need is a break and a bit of perspective. The problems have all been caused by quite unpleasant individuals and they have not benefited at all from what they have done - they have gained nothing apart from some kind of weird pleasure (?). Dont get it personally - just better to be nice. jenx

      Delete
  9. The only person you have control over is yourself, I lived for 7 years above someone who made my life unpleasant, and with a couple of exceptions I know that I did not provocoke or encourage and can hold me head high and he is still miserable and my life a million times better for removing myself from the situation :) happy 6 week break

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely - if you surround yourself with positives you become more positive. Not allowing yourself to think of the negatives is the thing. jenx

      Delete
  10. Ah I'm with you - people say I'm soft and a pushover too. And that means I have to watch people at work who know how to "play the game" sail past me with promotions and pay rises, but hey, it's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice :)

    Enjoy your summer break, and here's hoping all the changes you are making in your life shake out for the better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They definitely will - I am at that age where i have to have a go at this thing i am doing or before i know where i am it will be too late and i will be saying 'I wish I had tried'. Being brave! jenx

      Delete
  11. I'm totally with you on positivity. There are so many miserable people at work who wouldn't even give you the time of day - I always say hello to them, ask how they are, and always try and compliment them on something. This positivity doesn't always come back, because some people are so self centred they just don't see anyone else. BUT, it's so much better for me to have been nice. It makes the day go quicker and with a smile rather than a scowl, and I can sleep easy at night, knowing I've tried.

    Good luck with your own personal journey :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And it makes you feel better to be pleasant and if they are not pleasant back that is their loss really! jenx

      Delete
  12. I've often been told I have DOORMAT tattooed on my forehead or that my problem is I'm to nice! What? My PROBLEM is being NICE? I don't pretend to understand the way of the world today or the morales of the majority of people, I just try to live the way my Mum bought me up which was treat others as you would wish to be treated. Sometimes it gets taken advantage of but sometimes you meet like minded lovely people like yourself :)

    Good luck with the big change that's afoot xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks for your lovely comments. jenx

      Delete
  13. Oh! I so agree with all the comments, good luck in ALL your endeavours, being nice is lovely :)

    Thanks for your comment on my card, it brought me here to read this, as for Disneyland and the Pandora bracelet, never say never, my Mum always told me if you want something hard enough you will find a way and it always has been.
    Good Luck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh i really need that thought! You are right - I think you just have to believe hard enough and what you want will be. jenx

      Delete