Friday, 13 July 2012

Rocking Your World Friday

Got to post a Disney Layout first. Got to keep dropping those hints and I know DH keeps reading my blog! I love the tower of terror. It scares the bejeezees out of me but I just wnat to go on it again and again and again. Tower tribute...

And the detail in the right is me with my Minnie ears, swinging on a lamp post... the sticker says it all!


Lots of rocks this week (a few knocks too, but I refuse to dwell on them).

Here goes...

Saturday
Great time at the good old British seaside eating chips, slurping lemon top ice creams, playing on slot machines (just the tuppenny shovers!) and walking on the promenade. Magic.

Sunday
Drive up to a lovely local reservoir and a fab walk around it, including a walk on the damn where the water was rushing and powering through! Spectacular. Spotting barn conversion type properties for the dream that is Scrappyjen's Craft Studio (we will get there!)

Monday
Walk two in our series of local history walks with the lovely children I teach. The rain did not dampen their spirits or their enthusiasm!

Tuesday
Getting through the day... simply reaching the end and ticking all those things off.

Wednesday
Laughing out loud at the way our dining room is no longer a dining room but is turning into something quite different altogether!! I am in crafty heaven (lol).

Thursday
Ohh what a day! DS2 really struggles terribly with anything academic. Despite having a teacher for a mummy, he has a tough time. He works soooo hard and is soooo resilient and just accepts that he finds things hard and tries to find a way to manage. i am sure he is dyslexic but we are awaiting results. Anyhoo, the little treasure needs a trophy cabinet! He was thrilled with all his football trophies already, so Thursday just made his little life! Get to the point, jennifer... he came out of the celebration of excellence ceremony at his school with
  • his Year 4 graduation certificate (they all get one),
  • a behaviour medal the size of a tea tray to hang around his neck (they only get those if they have not been in trouble at all throughout the year, so not everyone gets those),
  • the Year 4 science achievement award (certificate, gold star badge, only one in the whole year group)
  • and a 100 per cent attendance award (£5 gift voucher sponsored by the lovely people at Hays Travel and a certificate and a gold star badge, only six awarded in the whole of key stage two)
Well, I had no idea he was going to be showered with all these awards so I was at the back of the hall grinning like a cheshire cat, clapping till my hands were red and waving at him like a mad woman while he was on the stage. Talk about proud! Rock! Rock! Rock!

Friday
Lots of successes connected with Wear Crafts that I made happen... me... all by myself... with no help... just by being nice to people and being efficient... watch this space because I am excited and I can't wait to share!!!

And the weekend? Saturday looks good - DS2 is going to a party and all the families are really nice so that should be fun. Sunday looks good - mam and me are off to Summer Crafting at Doncaster to do some crafty shopping all being well (you know, floods, rain, thunder, lightening etc permitting). We get on really well as you can probably tell by the community scrapping that goes on on this blog! So, it will be lovely to have lunch and talk and mooch around and catch up.

Not even thinking about those knocks now - only the Rocks! Hope your week was great too and I can't wait to pop by to share your Rocks too. I officially love blogging. All you blog buddies are so positive and supportive. Thanks a bundle... that rocks too. jenx

ROCKING MY WORLD FRIDAY - BUTTON!

Crafty 
Blogs
Wearcrafts

22 comments:

  1. Hello, you live in one of my favourite parts of the country and your favourite book is also mine :). I am thrilled to read that children/ my child will continue to be one of the high spots in my week :) hope the not so subtle hint pays off, in my experience nothing short of a mallet works ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, know what you mean about the mallet... sometimes a bottle of wine can work wonders also! jenx

      Delete
  2. Hi Jen, many many CONGRATULATIONS to your lovely son, what a fab chap he is. No wonder you were bursting with pride, I would have been too :o)

    Looking forward to seeing what the Wear Craft excitement is all about! Have a brilliant weekend, looks like you'll be having fun.

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you know what... you will never ever believe it when I can tell you all! I am just thrilled! jenx

      Delete
  3. Your son must be so proud of himself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is really really proud! But in a bashful modest kind of way if that makes sense! Thanks for popping by. Jenx

      Delete
  4. How wonderful that he got all these awards well done to him and stop worrying mummy, he is doing okay , Fab layout super pics well done Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much! I know I shouldn't worry. He will be fine. Jenx

      Delete
  5. Love the LO - why grow-up?...my Great Aunty always said "Your a long time dead" so she made sure she enjoyed life and had fun.

    How wonderful that your son got all those awards - you have every right to be a very proud mum.

    Enjoy your weekend - you'll have to show us all the goodies you buy.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you know what, I say the same thing! Jenx

      Delete
  6. ...and one of these days I'll remember to check my "yours" before hitting 'publish'...it should be "You're a long time dead"

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know- I hate auto correct too! Jenx

      Delete
  7. Oh how proud you must be of your son. I do love it when the good ones get recognised for their hard work. So often all you hear about is the naughty ones being bribed to be good.

    Love the (not so) subliminal messages to hubby! And also intrigued what your Wear Craft news is :D

    Have a lovely week x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is not picking up the messages at the minute! And the news... I can't wait to share! Jenx

      Delete
  8. What a proud mummy you must be! So lovely to hear about everyones amazing kids this week in the rockin posts!
    I am also intrigued as to what Wear Craft is all about!
    Have a great week x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think everyone is sharing their good end of term news. There is a button underneath my crafty blogs button to press if you want to find out more about Wear Crafts. jenx

      Delete
  9. Great post, love the layout - Tower of Terror is one of my favourite Disney rides, love it. I hope you get to go back out there. I'd love to go back myself but I need to wait for this rubbish recession to run its course first.

    Big congrats to your son, and to proud mum, for all his great achievements

    have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My son feels like a superstar thanks to all the lovely comments you have all been leaving! jenx

      Delete
  10. great disney layouts - looks like you had a fun time! your son sounds like a wonderful kid who is well-rounded and much loved. :-) hope your week to come is just as rockin'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last week of term so it will definitely rock! jenx

      Delete
  11. Oh what a fabulous list Jen, only just getting round to reading everything. I too have a struggling academically child - but persevere - he was only diagnosed as moderately dyslexic this year - so keep banging on doors until you get some answers. His report on what that actually means was an absolute revelation if I'm honest and the fact he managed to achieve what he has made me grin from ear to ear - so I totally get that magic moment this week when your son was noted for his achievements - awesome stuff!

    Hope you have a fabulous day with your Mum today I'm sure you will if it's crafting related. Seaside trips, converted barns, new things happening on the crafting related front all good positives and noting these means that the rubbish elements of the week melt away (well that's the theory LOL).

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great theory and it works! I have got such strength from the positivity of the comments from everyone and sharing the rocks of other people. Thanks for hosting this brilliant idea. jenx

      Delete