Monday, 23 July 2012

First British Winner of the Tour de France

What more needs to be said...?

If you were asleep yesterday, Bradley Wiggins, first ever British winner of the tour de france.

Maybe only this....

And if you were asleep yesterday again, Mark Cavendish, world champion and four times winner of the final stage of the tour de france.
This is all record making stuff here! Next stop Olympic golds aplenty!!!

We love cycling in our family! Been a huge fan since very young age. I think I was the only person at University with a life size poster of Sean Yates on my door in halls! Fantastic achievement! love the team spirit, the way they work together, the way no one person is bigger than the team, the way they have a plan and stick to it and it works. Gonna start a campaign to make cycling our national sport!!!! Feel some wheel themed scrapping coming on! jenx

10 comments:

  1. Father in law was a professional cyclist in the fifties. He won the Warsaw Berlin Prague race. Cycling is HUGE in hubby's family !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Wow! Wow! You have to tell me who he was! My dad will be ultra impressed! Jenx

      Delete
  2. Ian Steel a Scot & very famous in the cycling world - lots of articles about him in the cycling mags. He's about 84 or 85 now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have just worked it out too! - am in awe!!! Jenx

      Delete
  3. Ha ! Glad I made your day !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what great photos, DH has just made me print them off for his scrapbook! I was on the edge of my seat, with those other three in front for so long, but when our lads won (Wiggo, Froome and Cav) we were jumping up and down and shouting! I don't think you will need to start a campaign, I think it will already be underway across Britain and the Olympics will fuel it even more - Yay!! My cycling days are long gone but I still enjoy the sport. A x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for the olympics. I saw a cycle cafe on the news yesterday where everyone was cheering and I thought to myself 'that is where i want to be!'. Then i thought, may be scrappyjen's (i will get there in the end) will have a cycle cafe for the passing trade (who might also want to pop in on their bikes and buy tombow lol) jenx

      Delete
  5. Well done to Bradley and ALL the team - absolutely fantastic and good luck for the Olympics - brilliant photos too. Great that it is the team what done it and not the diva approach of some spots people

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! those photos are amazing aren't they. I wish i had taken them myself but i got them off reuters and have probably broken the rules by posting them but i thought they were good to scrap and good to share. jenx

      Delete